Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Third Blog Posting

I think that it is important to have your will and everything else set in place for your loved ones. However it is such a difficult and sad topic I would not want to bring it up let alone discuss it with a parent or grandparent. Dr. Liberman made the comment that "we had virtually no decisions to make during the very sad and emotionally draining period following Mother’s death and that was a blessing that was fulfilled simultaneously with sadness and satisfaction". It must make it a lot easier to deal with grieving when you know all the affairs are in order and to their liking. I think it puts more strain on the family when they have to rush to get all the funeral services, who gets what, and so on together. Reading about financial management of the elderly made me think about my future. I really need to crack down on saving and possibly get some advice from an expert to help me with it. I have wanted to invest in stocks and bonds for a couple years now I just know nothing about the market to do so. I have also heard it is good to have an IRA account and my mom always tells me to save my money! I hear it more times than I want to, but that's what moms are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment